- 1 Causes of bronchoconstriction
- 2 The best natural bronchodilator
- 2.1 10- Thyme
- 2.2 9- Mint
- 2.3 8- Turmeric
- 2.4 7- Garlic
- 2.5 6- Honey
- 2.6 5- Lemon
- 2.7 4- Rosemary
- 2.8 3- Lobelia herb
- 2.9 2- Camphor oil
- 2.10 1- Ginger
Bronchoconstriction is one of the respiratory problems that affect the smooth muscles of the bronchi. It occurs due to a viral or bacterial infection that can reach the lungs and obstruct the passage of air, causing shortness of breath, frequent coughing, body aches and chest congestion. We discuss together. In this article, the top 10 natural bronchodilators.
Causes of bronchoconstriction
There are many causes, either inherited or acquired, that lead to bronchoconstriction, including the following:
- Exposure to allergens such as smoke and chemicals.
- Exerting a lot of effort and exposure to stress and psychological pressure.
- Continuous coughing with mucus can lead to pneumonia.
- Smoking cigarettes or living with people who smoke.
- Frequent bouts of gastric reflux irritate the throat and make a person more susceptible to bronchitis.
The best natural bronchodilator
- Thyme is one of the natural herbs used by Arab doctors in the past to treat many diseases.
- It contains thymol, which is antifungal and antibacterial.
- Thyme has an effective effect in the treatment of respiratory diseases such as asthma, flu, colds and bronchial infections.
- It is also a natural remedy that removes mucus from the airways.
- Rich in phenolic antioxidants that boost the immune system to fight disease and infection.
- It is preferable to drink a cup of thyme tea twice a day to treat acute bronchitis and respiratory infections.
- Usage: Soak the thyme leaves in warm water for 15 minutes, then add honey to sweeten it and drink it to get the maximum benefit.
- Mint is one of the herbs characterized by its refreshing fragrance and many health benefits, the most prominent of which are the following:
- It has a strong effect in relieving cough and bronchial infections, and it also helps relieve sore throat caused by cold.
- It contains powerful properties that help relieve nasal congestion and prevent seasonal allergies.
- It works to promote the health of the digestive system and relieve the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome as it contains a menthol compound that helps with that.
- Also, one of the benefits of boiling mint is that it relieves menstrual cramps and pain.
- It is not recommended to eat mint for pregnant women.
- Turmeric is rich in curcumin, which helps reduce shortness of breath and asthma.
- Turmeric has powerful antimicrobial properties that can disinfect the airways and dilate the airways.
- Studies have also shown that turmeric has properties that make it useful in fighting bronchial infections.
- It also activates blood circulation and prevents exposure to atherosclerosis.
- Turmeric can be used as a bronchodilator in more than one way, namely:
- Add fresh turmeric to salads.
- Make a turmeric paste and eat it twice a day by mixing half a teaspoon of turmeric powder with a tablespoon of honey.
- Drink turmeric tea.
How to prepare turmeric drink as a natural bronchodilator
Read also:Top 10 Birth Control Pills For PCOS
- Put 2 cups of water in a small saucepan on the stove.
- Then add 1 teaspoon of ginger powder and turmeric powder.
- Leave the mixture on the stove until it boils.
- Use a sieve to filter the mixture, then sweeten it with honey.
- Preferably drink 2-3 times a day.
- Garlic is in the top 10 of natural bronchodilators, because it contains substances that widen the airways.
- Garlic helps prevent exposure to various lung infections because it contains allicin, which kills bacteria that cause lung infections.
- Garlic contains antibacterial and antiviral agents that treat colds and flu.
- One of the benefits of garlic is that it helps lower body temperature and remove mucus accumulated in the chest.
- You can eat garlic granules on an empty stomach or add them to food as a spice.
- Experts have confirmed that due to its antibacterial and antiviral properties, honey is a very useful natural remedy for treating bronchial infections.
- Honey contains antioxidant properties that fight bronchial infections.
- It is also very helpful in treating shortness of breath, asthma and discouraging night coughs.
- You can use honey to treat bronchitis by adding a spoonful of honey to a cup of tea.
- Lemon is one of the citrus fruits that contains many nutrients that the body needs to maintain its overall health.
- Lemon greatly helps in resisting diseases affecting the respiratory tract as it is rich in vitamin C.
- Lemon promotes heart health and prevents atherosclerosis, thanks to its high potassium content.
- Lemon contains a high percentage of powerful antioxidants and flavonoids that prevent cancer.
- In addition, lemon works to break down kidney stones and prevent them from forming again as it contains citric acid.
How to use lemon as a bronchodilator
Read also:Top 10 herbs for bronchitis
- Add the juice of one lemon to a cup of warm water.
- And sweeten the drink with a spoonful of honey.
- Drink preferably 3 times a day.
- Rosemary is one of the natural herbs that is very helpful in treating health problems related to the respiratory system.
- It has a strong effect in the treatment of bronchial infections and acute colds.
- It clears mucus from the chest and lungs.
- Studies have confirmed that rosemary is very effective in eliminating cancer cells.
- Rosemary can be used to relieve joint pain and disinfect wounds due to its high content of phenolic acids.
3- Lobelia herb
- Lobelia is in the top 10 natural bronchodilators that help treat many respiratory problems, such as asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- Lobelia soothes the airways and relieves cough.
- Lobelia contains compounds that help reduce throat irritation.
- Lobelia has powerful anti-inflammatory properties that help get rid of mucus quickly.
- One of the best herbs that help cleanse the lungs from infections or microbes, thus breathing normally.
- It is used by boiling lobelia leaves with a cup of water, leaving it aside for 10 minutes, after which the drink is filtered and consumed.
2- Camphor oil
- Camphor oil has a strong aroma that acts as a natural bronchodilator and clears phlegm and phlegm that blocks airflow to the lungs.
- Camphor oil is used to treat acute cough and bronchial infections.
- It contains antihistamine and allergenic properties.
You can use eucalyptus oil as a natural bronchodilator as follows:-
Read also:Top 10 foods that contain zinc
- Add 10 drops of camphor oil to a bowl of hot water.
- Inhalation of eucalyptus oil vapor.
- Preferably repeat this process 3 times a week.
- Ginger is in the top 10 natural bronchodilators that help promote respiratory health.
- Ginger contains anti-inflammatory compounds that greatly help relieve the symptoms of bronchitis.
- Ginger works to strengthen the immune system and resist viruses and infections as it contains a high percentage of vitamins and antioxidants.
- Ginger also helps promote heart health and prevent atherosclerosis.
- It also promotes muscle health and reduces the risk of osteoporosis.
Top 10 best bronchodilators for adults