- 1 Sound insulation in the rooms
- 1.1 10- Adhesive foam tape
- 1.2 9- Planks of wood
- 1.3 8- Rubber gum
- 1.4 7- Al-Labad
- 1.5 6- Polycarbonate sheets
- 1.6 5- Rockwool
- 1.7 4- ATS acoustic panels
- 1.8 3- Foam
- 1.9 2- Polystyrene plates
- 1.10 1- Fiber Optic
With the small spaces of apartments in recent years, soundproofing has become one of the necessities in apartment furnishing. There are many products that act as a barrier that absorb sounds and aid the transfer of sounds and noise from one room to another, and there are many and different products that help with sound insulation, including cork and rock wool, and we will show Here are the 10 best soundproof rooms.
Sound insulation in the rooms
The 10 best sound insulators in rooms that block noise and disturbing noises and also provide great privacy, and sound insulators have become a necessity as they provide comfort and prevent noises, especially in bedrooms, and insulators are very useful in case of living in the main streets or in busy, popular areas, and we will show you in the next few lines that you have all the information about soundproofing.
10- Adhesive foam tape
- Self-adhesive foam tape is a long tape applied to corners, windows and openings that allow sound to enter rooms.
- The self-adhesive foam tape is also easy to use and install by cutting off a part and sticking it where the sound is coming from.
- Masking foam tape is available from major websites and building supply stores.
- Also, this type of insulation material is cheap and has a high effectiveness in preventing sound leakage from the inside to the outside and vice versa.
- However, the disadvantage of this type is that the glue can disintegrate, but after several years.
The price of adhesive foam tape starts from £120
Read also:Top 10 ways to renovate old furniture with pictures
9- Planks of wood
- Plywood panels are widely used in soundproof rooms.
- This type of insulation products is the cheapest and most commonly used.
- Plywood sheets are used to line the walls and ceilings of rooms for sound insulation, and they are light materials that do not put a lot of stress on the walls and ceilings.
- In addition, plywood sheets can withstand long-term use and are not affected by heat and humidity.
- The percentage of sound insulation of plywood panels is not large, but it has the advantage that it can be used as an interior decoration for rooms.
- Soundproof plywood panels are also available on major websites and hardware stores.
The price of plywood sheets in Egypt, size 10 ml, starts from 180 pounds
8- Rubber gum
- Rubber glue is one of the things available in our life that we use a lot to stick different purposes and things, and it has other uses.
- Rubber glue is also used in the form of high-thickness panels for sound insulation in rooms and closed spaces.
- The prices of rubber glue are average, but it is preferable to use it in small rooms and places that are not full of noise.
- The sound insulation ratio of the rubber gum is not up to 100%.
- Sound-dampening chewing gum can be purchased at major websites and hardware stores.
- It belongs to the top 10 soundproof rooms.
The price of the soundproofing rubber glue in Egypt is 369 pounds
Read also:Top 10 fabrics for curtains
- Felt is one of the best types of fabric that has been specially treated to take advantage of sound insulation.
- Felt is the 10 best sound insulator for rooms.
- Felt is wool that is compressed with heat and then attached to the walls.
- Felt is also a very good option for soundproofing rooms after construction.
- Also, the use of felt for soundproofing does not require complex devices or professional technicians.
- The sound-absorbing felt can be purchased on major websites and hardware stores.
The price of soundproofing felt 1 m * 50 cm in Egypt is 229 pounds
6- Polycarbonate sheets
- Polycarbonate sheets are one of the most effective sound insulation materials.
- Polycarbonate sheets are made of two or three layers to suit thermal and sound insulation.
- Polycarbonate sheets are always corrugated, which insulates the sound very well.
- These panels are also easy to install and are used for sound insulation in rooms and studios.
- The panels have a beautiful shape and are used as distinctive decoration in rooms.
- Polycarbonate sound insulation sheets are also available on major websites and hardware stores.
The price of polycarbonate sheets in Egypt is 418 pounds
Read also:Top 10 ways to drive flies out of your home without an exterminator
- Rock wool is one of the best sound insulation products.
- Rock wool, also known as mineral wool or mineral fiber, is a fiber made from natural or synthetic minerals.
- Sound insulation in rooms with rock wool does not require complex devices and equipment, nor specialized technicians.
- Rock wool is also used with high efficiency in thermal and sound insulation and to prevent the spread of fire.
- Also, the installation of rock wool inside the walls works to reduce the speed of sound transmitted through the partition to the adjacent side.
- In addition, rock wool has a high sound absorption coefficient and is non-combustible.
The price of rock wool in a bundle of 8 sheets 120 * 60 cm in Egypt is 450 pounds
4- ATS acoustic panels
- ATS acoustic panels are ready-to-use panels that require no materials or tools for installation.
- ATS acoustic panels are highly insulating and block echoes.
- The acoustic panels are also distinguished by their attractive shape, which makes them a decorative piece in addition to the task of sound insulation.
- However, this type is defective because it does not isolate 100% of the sound.
- ATS panels are also expensive and therefore not suitable for sound insulation in large rooms or apartments with large surfaces.
- ATS acoustic panels can be purchased from major websites and building materials stores.
The price of ATS acoustic panels in Egypt is 600 pounds
- Foam is one of the characteristic and unique sound insulators.
- Numerous studies have shown that foam can isolate more than 90% of annoying sounds.
- It is known that foam is a fragile and light material, therefore it does not put a heavy load on walls, ceilings, floors or doors.
- Due to the availability of foam in the market with its light weight, it was used in various insulation processes, especially sound and water insulation.
- Soundproofing foam can also be purchased on major websites and hardware stores.
The price of sound insulation foam 24 pieces in Egypt is 599 pounds
2- Polystyrene plates
- Polystyrene sheets are a well-known organic compound from the petrochemical family.
- Polystyrene panels are rigid, closed-cell panels manufactured on request in various thicknesses, densities and sizes for sound insulation.
- Polystyrene sheets are also classified as the world’s first-class sound insulators, and they are light in weight and easy to carry and transport.
- Polystyrene sheets are used to insulate walls, floors and ceilings.
- Polystyrene panels are also attached to the walls from the inside by means of an adhesive between the polystyrene and the wall.
- Polystyrene sheets can be purchased from major websites and building materials stores.
The price of 10 styrofoam plates is £1120
1- Fiber Optic
- Fiberglass is one of the 10 best sound insulators in rooms.
- Fiberglass is an easy-to-install sound insulation material. The fiberglass panels are wrapped with jute or thick cloth and covered with glue in the desired places.
- Fiber optic is suitable for places with limited space and small rooms due to its high cost.
- Fiberglass is also multifunctional and odorless.
- Also, fiberglass is resistant to breaking, can withstand high pressures and strong impacts, and is also resistant to combustion.
- Sound-absorbing fiberglass is for sale on websites and large hardware stores.
The price of fiberglass for sound insulation 2.1 m * 5.8 m in Egypt is 2200 pounds
Top 10 types of glass and their uses