- 1 Tips to eliminate the problem of cockroaches
- 2 Ways to get rid of cockroaches
- 2.1 10- Boric acid
- 2.2 9- Baking soda
- 2.3 8- Catnip
- 2.4 7- Vinegar
- 2.5 6- Sodium bicarbonate
- 2.6 5- Bay leaf
- 2.7 4- Lemon juice
- 2.8 3- Soap and water
- 2.9 2- Mouthwash
- 2.10 1- Essential oils
I do not think there is anything worse than the presence of cockroaches in the house, and this problem is suffered by many, as we see housewives complaining about their presence in the kitchen or bathroom in particular, or in the rooms of the house, and wherever they are, just their presence in the house is disgusting and sometimes frightening, especially as women and children, in addition to being able to transmit diseases or cause stings, so we had to explain the 10 best ways to get rid of cockroaches , so you must continue reading to learn more about these easy home methods.
Tips to eliminate the problem of cockroaches
Prevention is the best treatment In other words, instead of looking for a cure for the problem, we should protect our homes from the onslaught of these pesky insects, and by taking the following simple steps:
- Keeping the house clean and free of food scraps that attract insects, such as cockroaches.
- Make sure you clean the kitchen daily before going to bed.
- Do not leave hollow holes in the walls or cracks in the rooms of the house, as they can become a haven for insects.
- Maintaining the water network so as not to leave a leak, because moisture attracts cockroaches, in addition to the ability of cockroaches to survive without food for many months, but they live without water for only days.
- To get rid of cockroaches, make a paste of boric acid and powdered sugar, knowing that it is non-toxic to humans and animals, and distribute it in various nooks and crannies.
Ways to get rid of cockroaches
10- Boric acid
Boric is one of the most effective home remedies for cockroaches by making it into a paste and following these steps:
Read also:Top 10 ways to get rid of fleas
- Mix equal amounts of boric acid and powdered sugar in addition to flour to prepare the dough.
- Distribute balls of dough in cracks, holes and corners of the house for cockroaches to feed on.
In order for the flour and sugar to attract cockroaches, and then the boric acid kills them and eliminates them completely. You just need to put this dough in places where insects can live, such as the bottom of the refrigerator, for example, and the back of cabinets and drawers.
9- Baking soda
This product called baking soda is actually a great invention that works for many applications besides being one of the top 10 ways to get rid of cockroaches and by following the steps below you can use it to solve the cockroach problem to solve:
- Make a mixture of baking soda and sugar.
- The smell of the sugar will attract the roaches to eat the mixture without them noticing the baking soda.
- After eating the mixture and interacting, the soda works to explode the cockroach’s stomach, killing them.
We cannot deny the role of catnip as one of the best home methods to deal with the problem of cockroaches, you just need to prepare the mixture in the following way:
Read also:Top 10 types of modern curtains
- Put a pan with about a liter of water on the stove until it boils.
- Next put about 8 teaspoons of mint in boiling water.
- Leave on fire for up to 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let the mixture cool, then transfer it to a spray bottle.
- Then spray the previously prepared solution in all corners of the house.
Vinegar has many uses, whether it’s preparing food or cleaning surfaces, so don’t be surprised to know that it’s one of the top 10 ways to get rid of cockroaches, and you can do the following: preparing solution to eliminate them completely:
- Mix an amount of liquid bath soap with an amount of vinegar and a small amount of water and shake until the ingredients are mixed.
- Spray the solution directly on the cockroaches.
- And put the rest of the mixture in a spray bottle to spray the solution on the areas where the cockroaches are.
Its advantage lies in its ability to block the pores from which the cockroach breathes, which means that you can also spray it in the holes where the cockroaches come out or the holes in which they hide to get rid of them completely and above all, it prevents their return once and for all.
Read also:Top 10 pesticides to eliminate ants
6- Sodium bicarbonate
Sodium bicarbonate is the deadly poison for those pesky insects, in other words, they die as soon as they feed on it or on the mixture prepared in the following way:
- Mix baking soda with sugar in equal amounts to make a mixture that kills roaches.
- The mixture is placed in the places where the cockroaches come from.
5- Bay leaf
The laurel method is one of the top 10 ways to get rid of cockroaches, due to the fact that it contains natural properties that repel insects, and the way to use it is simple, you just need to spread it in places where cockroaches may be present, in addition, it is safe and non-toxic, so you don’t have to worry about your children or pets, even if you eat them, it won’t hurt, and you can use them through simple steps as follows :
- Use the mortar and pestle to grind these leaves into a fine powder.
- Distribute bay leaf powder in places where there are cockroaches.
4- Lemon juice
You can use lemon juice to clean the places where cockroaches are, as it protects against the invasion of more cockroaches, so you should follow the following:
- Mix an equal amount of lemon juice and water in a bowl and use that mixture to rinse surfaces and floors that roaches are walking on.
And if there are areas where cockroaches are likely to be found, spray that sap with it to prevent them from moving in, and this method is one of the top 10 ways to get rid of cockroaches.
3- Soap and water
It is one of the easiest ways to get rid of cockroaches and has proven effective in eliminating cockroaches. It is prepared as follows:
- In a spray bottle of warm water, add a few drops of liquid soap.
- Mix the ingredients well and spray the mixture directly on the cockroach.
It should be noted that it can move for a few minutes and then die.
It is not expected that this lotion also plays a role in eliminating the cockroach problem, through the following method:
- Mix equal amounts of water and mouthwash and put it in a spray bottle, add the dish soap in small drops.
- Shake the bottle well to mix the ingredients together.
- Spray the mixture directly or in the kitchen on cockroaches, this will prevent spreading throughout the house.
1- Essential oils
The method with essential oils is at the top of the list of the top 10 ways to get rid of cockroaches, due to the strong smell that forms a barrier between these insects and their movement into the house and their distribution in it, and the stronger the concentration of it, the greater its effectiveness in eliminating this scourge, and one of the main essential oils effective for it: it:
- tea tree.
You can choose to use one of these alone or make a combination of them through the following method:
- Dip a cotton ball in one of the oils or in a mixture of essential oils and then wipe the areas where the roaches are present.
- Or by making a mixture of 300 milliliters of water to which fifteen drops of these oils have been added.
- Put the mixture in a spray bottle and shake well to combine.
- Use the solution to spray the places where cockroaches hide and from where they enter the house.
Top 10 ways to get rid of ants