It is necessary for the housewife to take care of every part of it, especially the marble, so she cleans and polishes it so that it does not lose its luster or change the surface layer, such as the appearance of white color such as lime, or etching and corrosion. We introduce you to the 10 best ways to polish marble, and we also give you some important tips for preserving marble.
Maintenance tips for marble
Marble pieces are not just floors to walk on, rather they are valuable and expensive antiques so it is necessary to preserve them as they are delicate pieces that must be taken into account to keep them clean, healthy and shiny as new.
- Do not leave spills on marble stones and remove immediately.
- Steer clear of acidic cleaners, such as tub cleaners, tile grout cleaners, or bathroom cleaners.
- Do not use too many traditional cleaning agents such as chlorine, vinegar and ammonia and if you use them, you must wash the marble well.
- Do not use abrasive cleaners, whether soft or dry.
- Stay away from nylon scouring pads completely, as they are harsh on marble and can scratch.
- Do not use heavy creamy cleansers as they will stick to the natural pores of marble.
- Do not use alkaline cleaners that are not intended for cleaning and polishing marble and granite.
- Avoid using rubber pads under carpets, as rubber contains sulfur.
- In general, it is preferable to stay away from rough cushions to avoid scuffs and scratches on granite and marble floors.
- Avoid using waxes and coatings when finishing marble and granite floors.
Methods for polishing marble
10- Baking soda method
One of the easiest ways to polish marble is to dip a cloth in soda and clean the marble with it, then rinse well with water.
Read also:The 10 best places to sell artificial implants in Egypt
The main thing that distinguishes this method is that it is cheap and contains no chemicals, and it is easy to get rid of the smell.
It’s also completely safe, meaning it won’t puncture or scratch marble or granite floors.
9- Detergent recipe
One of the top 10 ways to polish marble is to mix some dish soap in water and shake it well.
Then put them in a spray bottle to clean the marble with a clean cloth to wipe it off. You can also add some baking soda to the mixture.
8- Coarse salt method
If you want to polish and polish marble in a good way, we recommend that you try the coarse salt recipe, which is summarized in the following steps:
- Bring a small amount of coarse salt and a small amount of dish soap.
- We put salt showers on the surface of the marble and on top we add a few drops of cleaning soap.
- By sanding, we polish the marble to completely remove the accumulated deposits, such as oil stains and rust.
- We take a clean cotton towel to remove the salt grains on the marble and until we get the desired result.
7- Starch method
The starch recipe is no less important than the rest of the recipes mentioned and it is one of the 10 best ways to polish marble. does not negatively affect the health of your family members and you can apply it through the following steps:
Read also:Top 10 corner fabrics
- Take starch powder and dissolve it in water to prepare a solution, then put it in a spray bottle.
- We spray this spray on the surface of the marble and leave it for a while until it dries.
- We wash the marble with water and dry it with a cotton cloth.
- For fifteen minutes we massage the marble with the help of that cotton towel.
- So that the starch is immediately rubbed in and the surface becomes mirror-smooth.
6- Detergent powder method
An easy and simple way to polish marble, you just need to bring a mild detergent and a soft cotton pad.
And we smear that powder on the surface, especially where there are stains, and rub it gently until the stains are gone.
You should test the powder first by applying it to a small, inconspicuous spot on the marble to make sure it is safe and won’t damage the marble.
5- Hydrogen Peroxide Method
Another method with impressive results for polishing and cleaning marble and removing accumulated stains, and the steps are summarized as follows:
Read also:Top 10 Girl Names And Their Meanings
- In a bowl, mix two tablespoons of ammonia with one cup of hydrogen peroxide.
- On the cleaning powder, add a sufficient amount of hydrogen peroxide mixture and mix them well until we get a thick powder.
- We smear that powder on the place of those spots on the marble and use a spoon.
- We take with us a plastic tape and stick it tightly to the powder.
- We leave this powder for 24 hours until it dries completely and then we remove it very carefully with the razor.
- Finally, you need to wash the marble from the remaining powder.
4- The ammonia solution method
Here’s another way to polish and clean marble using an ammonia solution, by following these steps:
- Make a solution of half a cup of ammonia solution to which is added 3.8 liters of water.
- Mix them together and keep it on to remove the stains on the marble.
And you should not use this recipe often or repeatedly, as it will darken and dull the surface of the marble.
3- The chalk powder method
Chalk powder is one of the most important and effective ways to polish marble and you can apply this method through the following steps:
- Grind some chalk until you have a fine powder.
- Take a sponge, moisten it with water, then dip it in chalk powder.
- Use this sponge to clean and polish the marble and add more powder if needed.
- After cleaning, rinse the chalk well and do not leave it on the marble.
2- The sanding method
In this method of polishing the marble, the surface is first sprayed with water to keep the surface wet, and the sanding process begins, which is to apply No. 120 sandpaper or sandpaper and a manual sanding tool, and the marble is manually sanded through the following steps:
- In circular movements, the marble is rubbed with the previous piece.
- Keep spraying water on the marble during the sanding process to keep it moist.
- With the help of the previously mentioned glass paper you have to go over the marble.
- The previous step is repeated with sandpaper No. 300 and then sandpaper No. 600.
- Remove sand dust that has spread on the marble with a damp sponge.
- You can finally wipe it off as a last step with a suitable commercial product.
1- Diatomaceous earth method
We recommend that you make your own cleaning paste and use it for cleaning and polishing marble. It consists of diatomaceous earth, quicklime and gypsum.
Mix the ingredients well in water until we get a material with a soft texture and then spread a thick layer on the marble and stains.
And with a plastic cover we cover that mixture on the marble, provided you place the edges well, and leave it that way for a whole day.
After 24 hours, we remove the plastic cover, prepare a damp cloth and use it to wipe the marble.
To ensure that the marble is completely clear, we recommend that you take a piece of cloth with quicklime powder on it, rub the marble well and then wipe off the excess.
This recipe is the most effective and the best in the list of the top 10 marble polishing methods.
Top 10 ways to clean wooden kitchen